Individuals in the disaster areas must file an application with DUA no later than November 14, 2018. In order to be eligible for Disaster Unemployment Assistance individuals must have experienced one of the following:
- Worked or were self-employed or were scheduled to begin work or self-employment;
- Are not able to work or perform services because of physical damage of destruction to the place of employment as a direct result of the disaster;
- Can establish that the work or self-employment they can no longer perform was their principal source of income;
- Do not qualify for regular unemployment benefits from any state;
- Cannot perform work or self-employment because of an injury as a direct result of the disaster; or
- Became the breadwinner or major supporter of a household because the former breadwinner’s death occurred as a result of the major disaster.
We will continue to stay on top of any changes or updates to come from Florida Department of Economic Opportunity. For all Unemployment related news, continue following our blog and our LinkedIn page.
Shall you need assistance with Unemployment, or would like to discuss further how you can ensure the lowest possible tax rates, learn more about the electronic UCM solution and feel free to contact us anytime.