Emptech Hiring-Based Credits
Emptech helps employers maximize their potential hiring-based credits
Key hiring-based credits include:
Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC)*
- Emptech helps employers identify and administer the federal WOTC program which can help reduce their federal income tax liability up to $9,600 per new hire from certain targeted demographic groups. Read a recent case study of WOTC savings delivered to a major national technology company.
- Emptech helps employers identify and administer state and federal location-based credits, including the Empowerment Zone Program (Renewal Communities “RCs”, Empowerment Zones “EZs” and Enterprise Communities “ECs”).
The Vow to Hire Heroes Act of 2011*
- Veterans Tax Credits under the VOW to Hire Heroes Act: The VOW to Hire Heroes Act provides tax incentives of up to $5,600 for employers hiring veterans who have been looking for a job for more than six months, and $2,400 in tax credits for veterans who have been unemployed for more than 4 weeks but less than 6 months. Further, the tax credit for hiring a veteran with a service-connected disability and who has been looking for work for six months or longer can be as much as $9,600. Read about Veterans Tax Credits for Employers on the Emptech Blog.
- Screen job applicants and new hires for tax credit eligibility.
- Prepare and process all documentation to the certifying agencies.
- Determine and report qualified wages and credits.